Thursday, November 3, 2016

End Of The Year

 Its that time when all good things come to an end. The garden has been covered with leaves on certain places to try the no till method next year. Other places will be tilled as usual. Must do some serious crop rotation in the 2017 garden.

  Had a good harvest tomatoes were plentiful, and great tasting. Only had 9 plants though to keep from wasting them. Chickens enjoyed all the extras. Peppers grew like crazy. Had plants loaded with fruit from bottom to top. Froze just what I needed and gave the rest away. I do go crazy with planting so many but I do need to cut back on how many I grow.I guess I like the variety of colors and all the different shapes. Beans were a bust. Never came up after two plantings. Summer squashes green and yellows as we call them are an easy plant to grow. Had plenty to eat share and feed chickens with. Five plants each and always had extras. My grandson Oscar planted some cantaloupe from seeds he saved. Had a good harvest, better than anyone I ever had.
Nothing like fresh produce everyday.

Going to be a natural in the garden.


Need to water the plants in.
One of the Three beds with leaves waiting to be flatten by the weight of nature's winter blanket.









Garlic garden has been tilled and planted. During the late summer I burned all the weeds and seeds out and then put some composted chicken manure on it . Soil is rich in dark color and very easy to work. I plants a few bulbs from seeds I harvested from the scapes .
Garlic planted before we get a good frost.

Are there more chickens in store for the Circle M Roost Never know stay tuned for more blogs over the winter.Always need more room for them to roam.


If we run out of projects this during the winter months there is always the wood pile to keep us busy. Lot easier when its cold to work wood anyway.












No comments:

Post a Comment